The relief has a documented historic provenance prior to the 1970 UNESCO Conventions. It was acquired by David M. Robinson, president of the Archaeological Institute of America, in Rome prior to 1948. The relief was reported to be from Tarquinia.
Collection of Giuseppe Ceci of Todi, Italy prior to ca. 1916; David M. Robinson Collection, Baltimore, Maryland and Oxford, Mississippi, ca. 1948-58; acquired by the University of Mississippi Museum, Oxford, in 1977.